Friday, May 7, 2010

Facebook Friends Two - Originally Posted 10-24-09

First, I would like to thank those of you who took the time to read my entire message. Second, a special thank you to those who wrote back on and off line.

I wish to continue my musings, therefore, I you would rather not read, you have been warned.

Since I am still out of work due to this recession, I have time on my hands. I have decided to use it to get to know more people through dialogue. I would like to open a dialogue, discussion, debate, whatever you would like to call it. I encourage feedback. More than anything, I encourage those who disagree with me to send me feedback. I would rather be with a liberal with strong convictions than a RINO (Republican in name only) any day. I also like to be proven wrong. I have gotten used to it in my life. However, I do not like people who are hateful, demeaning, hysterical, or shrill in their beliefs. There is no need for that. I see that as part of the problem. If we can come together, share ideas, and agree to disagree, all of us are better for it. If you want to get personal with each other, do it somewhere else. I prefer an intelligent discussion to an exchange of clever slogans. However, I welcome all jokes. I love political humor in cartoons, jokes, etc. I am very difficult to offend when it comes to politics. I do not discriminate when it comes to politicians. I cant' stand almost all of them. So, bring on the humor!

I would like to also get into heavy topics. My first article will probably be about the Joe Wilson affair. Is he a racist bigot who can not stand the idea of a black man in the oval office? Or is he a man who finally had had enough of what he perceived deception from the President of the United States? Are these "czars" a threat to America? Or, are they merely advisers to the President who help him shape national policy? Is the war in the Middle East a fight against global terrorism? Or, is it a costly quagmire costing young lives and resources better put to use in our own country? Are the Masons a secret society formed with the intent of taking over the world? Or, are they a fraternity of men who seek to better themselves and society as a whole? I think you get the picture.

I do not expect us all to join in a circle and sing happy songs at the end. What I do expect is an mutual respect for our different beliefs and ideas. I firmly believe the strife that plagues our society today is a distraction from the real problems we face in the economy, defense, foreign relations, etc. As citizens of the United States, even non-citizens are encouraged to join in with this discussion, we should try to have a better understanding of each other.

I want to encourage everyone to give me feedback on this. You can either post it in the thread or send me a message off line.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

No comments:

Post a Comment